Synopsis: Now is the winter of our discontent, Made glorious summer by This Son of York…” — William Shakespeare, Richard III Richard III was Anne’s muse for her first five books, but, finally, in This Son of York he becomes her protagonist. The story of this English king is one of history’s most compelling, made even more fascinating through the discovery in 2012 of his bones buried under a car park in Leicester. This new portrait of England’s most controversial king is meticulously researched and brings to vivid life the troubled, complex Richard of Gloucester, who ruled for two years over an England tired of war and civil strife. The loyal and dutiful youngest son of York, Richard lived most of his short life in the shadow of his brother, Edward IV, loyally supporting his sibling until the mantle of power was thrust unexpectedly on him. Some of his actions and motives were misunderstood by his enemies to have been a deliberate usurpation of the throne, but thr...
I love those $.99 books and wish I had your restraint. See what I mean at my new books posts. My new books posts are at Ms. Martin Teaches Media (YA) and Inside of a Dog (Adult). Please stop by if you get a chance. Happy reading!
ReplyDeleteThose $.99 books get me all the time - last week I bought 6! But, you really can't go wrong with the price!
ReplyDeleteI'll be looking forward to reading your review of this book - I've never read anything by Elizabeth Chadwick, but have seen her books around.
Have a great week and thanks for stopping by my blog.
~Kristin @ Always With a Book
I can't control myself when books go on sale like that. I won Lady of the English earlier this week and I am anxious to read it. Hope you enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteKimberlee
http://girllostinabook.blogspot.com
I still haven't read anything by Elizabeth Chadwick. But everyone keeps raving about her books, so hopefully I'll finally be able to read something by her in 2013.
ReplyDeleteI haven't read any of her books either. I have heard they are good so I am hoping I like it!
Delete