Saturday, April 27, 2013

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-A-Thon April 2013- MASTER POST

It's that time again!  I am thrilled to be participating in Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon again!!  I had big plans for the day but my to-do list has continued to grow so I am going to have to figure out a balance between work and reading.  I am definitely not going to staying up all 24 hours (I'm pregnant and tired, yo!) but I will be trying to sneak in some extra reading throughout the day.  Hopefully I can get through at least one book if not more.

I have 3 short books that I have set aside for the Read-a-thon and I think I'm going to start with Surrender to Sultry.  It's only fitting since I read Sultry with a Twist during the last Read-A-Thon. 

Check back throughout the day as I will be posting updates here! 

Hour 1-Introductory Questionaire

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I am in Kansas where it's raining this morning but supposed to be a sunny 65 this afternoon.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Surrender to Sultry.  I really love this series!
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I didn't stock up on snacks though there is a good chance I will be making some brownies later.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!  I am a book loving mama to be!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?  As I said above, I may not get as much reading done as I did last time.  I have a ton of stuff that needs to get done today!

Hour 3 Update!

So far I have read 186 pages in Surrender to Sultry.  I had to take a break to help the hubs move some furniture in the baby's room and to throw some food in the crock pot but otherwise I have been reading!  I even went for a walk on the treadmill.  I love that I can read while getting some exercise!

I'll check back in a couple of hours!

# of pages read-186
Snacks-Cheese and crackers
Laundry breaks-1 : )

Hour 6 Update!

I finished Surrender to Sultry around hour 5 and have now started Spell of the Highlander.  I loved Surrender to Sultry and it is definitely my favorite of the trilogy!  I will probably take a little break from reading here soon.  I am waiting for the hubs to get home so that we can run some errands but I'll get back to my book as soon as I can.

# of pages read-349
Snacks-PB&J!
Laundry breaks-2
Puppy snuggle breaks-1

Hour 9 Update!

I spent the last few hours doing some work around the house and running errands so not much reading was accomplished.  Hopefully I can make up for it in the next few hours!


# of pages read-507
Snacks-Popcorn

Hour 12 Update!

I just finished Spell of the Highlander and I must say that I seriously love this series.   I can't believe I have finished 2 books today without really trying and while still accomplishing most of the work on my to-do list.  The hubs and I are going to watch a movie and then I will get back to reading.  I hope the readathon is going well for everyone else!

# of pages read-624
# of books read-2
Hour 12 snacks-Pizza, OMG it was so yummy!

Mid-Event Survey
1) How are you doing? Sleepy? Are your eyes tired?  Surprisingly, I feel great!
2) What have you finished reading? Surrender to Sultry, Spell of the Highlander
3) What is your favorite read so far? I really enjoyed them both!
4) What about your favorite snacks? The pizza I had for dinner was awesome!
5) Have you found any new blogs through the readathon? If so, give them some love!  I did!  I really liked Sophisticated Dorkiness.

Hour 15 Update!

This is the last of my updates for today.  Since my last update, I took a break to watch a movie and then read 129 pages in The Happiest Baby on the Block.  I will read for a little while longer and then call it a night.  I haven't decided if I going to get up early to do some more reading or not but I will definitely do a final update when the readathon is over.  I hope everyone is having a great time!!

# of pages read-753
# of books read- 2.5
Hour 15 snacks-Brownies

Final Update!

After my update last night, I read about 60 more pages and then crashed.  I was kind of hoping that I would wake up early to finish out the last hour or two of the readathon but that didn't happen. Oh well!  I had a great time!  I feel a little caught up on my TBR pile and it was fun to see so many people on twitter participating.  And I read a total of 808 pages yesterday while also getting a ton of work done around my house! I would love participate again but I'm not sure if it will be in October or not.  I will have a 4 month old baby at that point and don't know if spending the day reading will be a possibility!  Hopefully next time I participate, I can participate in more mini-challenges and do more cheering.  I tend to get caught up in the reading and forget all about the other fun stuff going on.

Anyway, this readathon was awesome and I hope everything else had a great time too!

 

11 comments:

  1. Hi Denise! I'm here to cheer you on a little :)

    I hope you're enjoying the readathon so far and that it's not too tiring.
    btw, brownies sound like a GREAT idea :)

    Good luck and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the cheer! I am definitely going to have to take a brownie break here soon!

      Delete
  2. Yum, brownies! I made some chocolate chip cookies last night which are delicious. I hope the weather clears up and you can get outside for part of the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it does it too! It's still gray and yucky out!

      Delete
  3. I like how you're reading a book that is related to one you read last readathon. That is such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's weird because I didn't plan it that way at all. I just couldn't wait to read it once I got it!

      Delete
  4. Happy readathon today! 186 pages?! Pfew, I feel I am falling behind already! Lovely way to read & exercise, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad the weather has improved in Kansas. You all had a rough and late winter! I've never tried reading on the treadmill...guess I'm afraid I'll get too absorbed and fall off...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first started doing it, I tripped once but now I think I have the hang of it. But I only walk, there is no way I could run and read at the same time. : )

      Delete
  6. Oh man, I feel like the only readathoner not enjoying pizza today! It sounds like you're having a great readathon day :) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs