Skip to main content

June Wrap Up (and goal check in!)

 2015 is half over, can you believe it?!  It has gone by so fast. I had a slow reading month in June but I think that was because I spent most of my time knitting and planning Julia's birthday party.  I was furiously knitting little doll blankets for her birthday present and that took up most of my reading time.  I only got one done but am hoping to finish the second one soon (I kept messing up and having to start over!).  I still met my goal for the month of reading 6 books so I still feel pretty good about it.

 Here are my June numbers:
-6 books read
   -1 non-fiction
   -1 historical fiction
   -1 review
   -2 library books
   -3 books I own
   -3 ebooks

What I read in June:

1.) Make You Remember by Macy Beckett
2.) The Grip of God by Rachel Hazell
3.) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
4.) American Ghost by Hannah Nordhaus
5.) Season of Storms by Susannah Kearsley
6.) Prince of Fire by Daniel Silva

Since the year is half over, I thought I would review my goals and see where I stand for the year.

Here are my numbers for the first half of 2015:
-44 books read
   -5 non-fiction
   -18 historical fiction
   -9 review
   -21 library books
   -14 books I own
   -16 ebooks

I'm really happy with my numbers so far.  I'm more than on track to reaching 80 books read for the year.  Two of my big goals this year were to read more non-fiction and less review books.  So far this year I have already read as many non-fiction books as I did in the whole of 2014.  And only 20% of the books I've read this year have been review books.  My goal was to stay under 25% so that makes me really happy.

I do need to be reading more books I own.  The number above includes books I own that I re-read, books I purchased this year, etc.  It doesn't include very many books I owned prior to this year.  I really need to start picking from my shelves first.  I guess I have something to work on for the next six months!

Sorry for all the words!  I hope the first half of 2015 has gone well for you all!  How are you doing on your goals for the year?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review and Giveaway: "Distant Signs" by Anne Richter

Synopsis: Distant Signs is an intimate portrait of two families spanning three generations amidst turbulent political change, behind and beyond the Berlin Wall. In 1960s East Germany, Margret, a professor’s daughter from the city, meets and marries Hans, from a small village in Thuringia. The couple struggle to contend with their different backgrounds, and the emotional scars they bear from childhood in the aftermath of war. As East German history gradually unravels, with collision of the personal and political, their two families’ hidden truths are quietly revealed. An exquisitely written novel with strongly etched characters that stay with you long after the book is finished and an authentic portrayal of family life behind the iron curtain based on personal experience of the author who is East German and was 16 years old at the fall of the Berlin Wall. Why do families repeat destructive patterns of behaviour across generations? Should the personal take precedence over

Top Ten Books I Recommend The Most

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish . This week's topic:  Top Ten Books I Recommend the Most 1.) The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons   2.) Outlander by Diana Gabaldon           If you read my blog at all, you know I love these two books so much!  I am not afraid to suggest them to anyone who I think might enjoy them. 3.) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - I was definitely recommending this book left and right when the first movie came out. 4.) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green 5.) A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin           These are two books that I just recently started recommending but they are books that can appeal to anyone so they are easy picks when someone asks for a recommendation. 6.) Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead  - I get a little embarrassed when I recommend this book to people but seriously, just because it has vampires does not mean it is like Twilight. 7.) The Giver by Lois

Book Blog Hop (11)

The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Jen at Crazy for Books .  It's a way to meet other bloggers and check out some cool new blogs. This week's question is:  "Highlight one book you have received this week that you can't wait to dig into!" Okay, I have a confession to make.  I have been so busy this week that I have not had time to get any new books.  I have several waiting for me at the library but I won't be able to pick them up until this weekend.  : ( Did you all get any exciting new books this week?