Thursday, April 6, 2017

January - March Reading Wrap Up & Some Plans

2017 is already a quarter of the way over!  That's nuts!

I did a terrible job of keeping up with my monthly wrap up posts this year so I decided to combine the first three months into a wrap up of the whole quarter.  I'm doing great with reading so far this year and when March was over, I was perfectly on track to meet my reading goal for the year.  I'm shooting for 100 books again this year and I finished March with 25 so I'm very pleased. 

Stats for January through March:

-25 books read
   - 6 non-fiction
   - 6 historical fiction
   - 2 review books
   -16 library books
   -5 books I own
   -17 ebooks

While I'm staying on track with my main reading goal, I'm really slacking in other areas.  I started a reading journal (which I've been neglecting) and for this year I set out to read 25 non-fiction books and 30 books I own.  I'm doing okay with making the non-fiction book goal but I really need to work on reading books I own.


I've been purchasing books indiscriminately all year.  Some have been books I've purchased with Christmas and birthday gift cards but for the most part, I've just been buying every book I see.  I've been terrible with kindle deals; I used to really think about it before I purchased something and would even check the library but lately, I've been buying anything that sounds good.  And then (as you can see above), I went to the library book sale and bought way more books than I needed to.  YIKES.

So, my goal for this quarter is to focus solely on reading books I own and catching up on review books.  I have one library book on hold and I have one pre-order book coming (A Court of Wings and Ruin, YEAH!) but otherwise, I will focus on books that I already have in my possession.  I'm excited about a lot of the books I bought and this will help me focus on them since I tend to get distracted by library books and new purchases.

I'm also going to try to post on the blog more. I took a small break and now I kind of miss it. I have lots of review books to read so there will be some reviews to post and I'd like to start posting about non-bookish things too.  I really enjoyed blogging about my Whole30 experience and still need to post about my failed re-intro phase (fun times!) so I'm going to try some new things around here.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful April so far!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs