I finally broke down and signed up for the Read-a-thon! I have had so much fun participating in the past and this post convinced me I should give it a shot again. I haven't participated since last April and I've had a baby since then so I'm not sure how this is going to go. I'm going to try to get as much reading done as I can between chasing Julia and all the other commitments I have.
I'm hoping to make a dent in the following books:
The Runaway Highlander by R.L. Syme
The King by J.R. Ward
Also, my hold on Catching Fire (the movie) came in a the library so I will finally get to watch it tomorrow! It's book related so it counts, right?
I'll update this post throughout the day to let you know how I'm doing. Have fun everyone!
Hour 0 Kick Off post
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I'm in Kansas.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I can't wait to read The King
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Not sure. I have to stop at the store today so we'll see what I get.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I'm a married mom of a 10 month old baby girl and a crazy furbaby. Reading is my most favorite past time.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? When I participated last, I hoped to do more cheerleading so I'm going to try to do that.
Hour 8 update
This morning has been crazy and I haven't got much reading accomplished. I had to go help my in-laws for a bit, then stop by the library to pick up 'Catching Fire' so I can watch it tonight then I had to go grocery shopping. I did listen to A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon while I was out running errands and I read Barnyard Dance by Sandra Boynton to Julia but I was only able to get in a few pages of actual reading. Julia is down for a nap now so I'm hoping to get some reading done over the next few hours. Let's do this!
Read-a-thon wrap up
So I didn't do that great during the read-a-thon. I read about 150 pages in The Runaway Highlander, read a couple of board books to Julia, listened to about a half hour of A Breath of Snow and Ashes and watched two thirds of 'Catching Fire'. I did have a bookish day but didn't read anywhere near as much in the past. I'm kind of sad I couldn't participate more but am hopeful that I'll do better in October.