Skip to main content

Whole30 - Crushed It!


That's a wrap folks! I survived week 4!  It was spring break so I was home most of the time and it was a challenge not to want to eat my way through the week.  We also started house hunting so that created challenges with late dinners and such.  I was glad that I had done some meal prep or we would have been in a real bind. 

This past Monday, the hubs and I finished our first Whole30.  I'm so incredibly glad I did it.  It was difficult at times but so worth it.  I ended up losing a total of 11.2 pounds and I feel great.  My clothes fit better, I feel more awake and I'm not dealing with constant bloat which is awesome.

Now that it's over, I'm a little apprehensive.  I started the 10 day reintroduction plan just so I know how things like dairy and gluten affect me but overall, I plan to stick with eating Whole30 most of the time.  (I'll post more about the reintro next week when I'm done).  I liked that I didn't constantly feel hungry and that I was eating real food instead of all processed food.  Even Julia started eating better along with us which is an added bonus. This eating plan really works for me and my diet is way better than it probably ever has been.

Things I loved: 

- My instant pot - This made my life so much easier.  I could through some potatos and sweet potatos in it and 'bake' them in less than half the time it takes in the oven.  I could also poach frozen chicken breasts in 10 minutes!  It was nice to have that option when I needed to throw something together quickly; some poached chicken and salsa on a salad is a fast and yummy dinner.

- Hazelnut Nutpods Creamer - Now I know in one of my previous posts I said I was pretty meh about this.  However, at that point, I had only tried one flavor.  The Hazelnut flavor is actually really good and even the Original one is good (French Vanilla not so much).

-Le Croix water - I don't think I would have survived without this stuff.  It really helped me cut some sweet cravings and it was nice to have an option other than plain water.

-Pinterest - There is so much information about Whole30 and so many recipes on Pinterest.  It was such a great resource to have.

I'm not ready to go out and eat all the cookies right now but I am kind of looking forward to my first sweet treat.  I read Melissa Hartwig's Food Freedom Forever and I found it super helpful as I move forward.  I definitely plan to follow her plan for life after Whole30.

I posted all of the recipes I tried in my weekly posts but below are my favorites.  The two recipes I made over the weekend were absolutely delicious and definitely make my favorite list.

Instant Pot Beef Stew

Baked Buffalo Wings 

Mini Egg Frittatas

Meatloaf

Roasted sausage, peppers and potatos 

Paleo/Whole30 chili 

Easy Paleo Pot Roast

 I'll be back next weekend with updates on the reintro process!

Check out how each week went:

Week 1
Week 2
Week 3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review and Giveaway: "Distant Signs" by Anne Richter

Synopsis: Distant Signs is an intimate portrait of two families spanning three generations amidst turbulent political change, behind and beyond the Berlin Wall. In 1960s East Germany, Margret, a professor’s daughter from the city, meets and marries Hans, from a small village in Thuringia. The couple struggle to contend with their different backgrounds, and the emotional scars they bear from childhood in the aftermath of war. As East German history gradually unravels, with collision of the personal and political, their two families’ hidden truths are quietly revealed. An exquisitely written novel with strongly etched characters that stay with you long after the book is finished and an authentic portrayal of family life behind the iron curtain based on personal experience of the author who is East German and was 16 years old at the fall of the Berlin Wall. Why do families repeat destructive patterns of behaviour across generations? Should the personal take precedence over

Top Ten Books I Recommend The Most

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish . This week's topic:  Top Ten Books I Recommend the Most 1.) The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons   2.) Outlander by Diana Gabaldon           If you read my blog at all, you know I love these two books so much!  I am not afraid to suggest them to anyone who I think might enjoy them. 3.) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - I was definitely recommending this book left and right when the first movie came out. 4.) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green 5.) A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin           These are two books that I just recently started recommending but they are books that can appeal to anyone so they are easy picks when someone asks for a recommendation. 6.) Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead  - I get a little embarrassed when I recommend this book to people but seriously, just because it has vampires does not mean it is like Twilight. 7.) The Giver by Lois

Book Blog Hop (11)

The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Jen at Crazy for Books .  It's a way to meet other bloggers and check out some cool new blogs. This week's question is:  "Highlight one book you have received this week that you can't wait to dig into!" Okay, I have a confession to make.  I have been so busy this week that I have not had time to get any new books.  I have several waiting for me at the library but I won't be able to pick them up until this weekend.  : ( Did you all get any exciting new books this week?