Skip to main content

Mailbox Monday (48)

Welcome to Mailbox Monday!  I  went a little crazy with inexpensive Nook and Kindle books.  I just cannot pass up a good deal on ebooks!  Now if only I had enough time to read all of them!

Purchased (for Kindle):



Purchased (for Nook):



What books did you get this week?

Comments

  1. Looks like you found some great digital deals! I really liked Kubica's The Good Girl and her latest Pretty Baby. The Silent Girls caught my eye too. Enjoy all your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by my blog. I looked over your list of books and honestly I haven't even heard of these books before. So many books....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those ebook deals are hard to resist, aren't they? I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed One Step Too Far and The Good Girl...and I am curious about Finding Rebecca. Enjoy your week...and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many good books! One Step Too Far, Finding Rebecca, The Good Girl and The End of Tsarist Russia. I wan't to read them all! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finding Rebecca looks good.

    I will be interested to see what you think of One Step Too Far. I read it a few months ago. It was a bit different. :)

    ENJOY all of your books and your reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mila 18 is a wonderful book! I read it years ago, and if anybody reads it and likes it, they must try Exodus next, also by Leon Uris. This is a book that is on my all time favorites bookshelf and is also a wonderful book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of great new books!

    Http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mailbox Monday (49)

It's time for another Mailbox Monday post!  Once again I could not resist the cheap ebooks that Amazon and Barnes and Noble were promoting this week.  I really need to stop!  I already have more than I can read.  I also was able to spend a little time browsing at the library and I came home with a nice stack of books.  These days, I hardly ever get to spend time at the library by myself for more than a minute or two so it was wonderful to have time to just wander and see what I could find. Purchased (for kindle): The Color of Secrets by Lindsay Ashford The One I Was by Eliza Graham House of Bathory by Linda Lafferty   Purchased (for nook): One Night in Winter by Simon Sebag Montefiore  Becoming Queen Victoria by Kate Williams From the Library: The Messenger by Daniel Silva   The Ripper's Wife by Brandy Purdy Hotel Moscow by Talia Carner Brazen by Katherine Longshore What books did you get...

Mailbox Monday (38)

It's my first Mailbox Monday of the new year!  I hope everyone's year is off to a great start!  I got some great books this week and can't wait to see what everyone else got! From the Library: Prince Lestat by Anne Rice Purchased:   Bellagrand by Paullina Simons Like Chaff in the Wind by Anna Belfrage For Review (from HFVBT): The Towers of Tuscany by Carol M. Cram What books did you get this week?

Review and Giveaway: "This Son of York" by Anne Easter Smith

Synopsis: Now is the winter of our discontent, Made glorious summer by This Son of York…” — William Shakespeare, Richard III Richard III was Anne’s muse for her first five books, but, finally, in This Son of York he becomes her protagonist. The story of this English king is one of history’s most compelling, made even more fascinating through the discovery in 2012 of his bones buried under a car park in Leicester. This new portrait of England’s most controversial king is meticulously researched and brings to vivid life the troubled, complex Richard of Gloucester, who ruled for two years over an England tired of war and civil strife. The loyal and dutiful youngest son of York, Richard lived most of his short life in the shadow of his brother, Edward IV, loyally supporting his sibling until the mantle of power was thrust unexpectedly on him. Some of his actions and motives were misunderstood by his enemies to have been a deliberate usurpation of the throne, but thr...