Skip to main content

Bookish (and Not So Bookish) Thoughts (12)

Hey y'all!  
I'm linking up with Bookish (And Not So Bookish Thoughts) over at Bookishly Boisterous this week.

1.) I'm feeling a little burned out on historical fiction right now.  I have one historical fiction book for review right now but otherwise, I think I'm going to take a little break from the genre and read other things.  Usually more than half of what I read is HF but this year that is so not the case.

2.) As always, I've been a terrible blogger lately.  I have lots of things I want and need to post but just haven't had the motivation to do it.

3.) I'm so excited for Fall!  I love when the weather starts to get cool and I love all the fun holidays.  I'm also excited to start baking pumpkin treats.  I hate pumpkin spice flavored things but I love pumpkin bread, pie, cookies, cake, etc.  Last year my favorite pumpkin treat was this pumpkin pie cake.  It's so good!

4.) Speaking of Fall holidays, I ordered this Rockford Peach costume for Julia for Halloween.  I hope it fits!  If it doesn't, I think we'll just have her dress up as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.  I'm trying to take advantage of the fact that I can still pick her costumes because I'm guessing that won't be an option next year.

5.) Since I'm not reading much historical fiction these days, I've been filling my time with a Harry Potter re-read and silly romance novels.  It's embarrassing to admit but my brain just can't take more than that these days.

6.) We got rid of cable early this summer and now use NetFlix and AmazonPrime.  I've started binge watching Criminal Minds and I'm now more paranoid then ever.  That show is creepy as all get out and that's coming from a huge Law and Order: SVU fan.  Number one thing I've learned: ALWAYS lock your doors.

I hope you all have a great week!

Comments

  1. I've also been rereading (listening to) the Harry Potter books. I'm on the last book now. Criminal Minds (and Law and Order: SVU) are some of my favourites. They are so addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is the season of Pumpkin muffins from Dunkin' Donuts which to me is a legal form of crack. I just can't get enough of them. I can't wait to get the Fall garland up around the house. I say goodbye to summer! I've had enough!
    Tammy @ Bo's Book Nook

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review and Giveaway: "Distant Signs" by Anne Richter

Synopsis: Distant Signs is an intimate portrait of two families spanning three generations amidst turbulent political change, behind and beyond the Berlin Wall. In 1960s East Germany, Margret, a professor’s daughter from the city, meets and marries Hans, from a small village in Thuringia. The couple struggle to contend with their different backgrounds, and the emotional scars they bear from childhood in the aftermath of war. As East German history gradually unravels, with collision of the personal and political, their two families’ hidden truths are quietly revealed. An exquisitely written novel with strongly etched characters that stay with you long after the book is finished and an authentic portrayal of family life behind the iron curtain based on personal experience of the author who is East German and was 16 years old at the fall of the Berlin Wall. Why do families repeat destructive patterns of behaviour across generations? Should the personal take precedence over

Top Ten Books I Recommend The Most

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish . This week's topic:  Top Ten Books I Recommend the Most 1.) The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons   2.) Outlander by Diana Gabaldon           If you read my blog at all, you know I love these two books so much!  I am not afraid to suggest them to anyone who I think might enjoy them. 3.) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - I was definitely recommending this book left and right when the first movie came out. 4.) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green 5.) A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin           These are two books that I just recently started recommending but they are books that can appeal to anyone so they are easy picks when someone asks for a recommendation. 6.) Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead  - I get a little embarrassed when I recommend this book to people but seriously, just because it has vampires does not mean it is like Twilight. 7.) The Giver by Lois

Book Blog Hop (11)

The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Jen at Crazy for Books .  It's a way to meet other bloggers and check out some cool new blogs. This week's question is:  "Highlight one book you have received this week that you can't wait to dig into!" Okay, I have a confession to make.  I have been so busy this week that I have not had time to get any new books.  I have several waiting for me at the library but I won't be able to pick them up until this weekend.  : ( Did you all get any exciting new books this week?