Skip to main content

July 2016 Wrap Up


 We had fun visiting the Natural History museum last week.

Summer is more than half over! I can't believe it!  July was an exhausting month.  We had family visiting on two different weekends and just a lot of stuff going on.

Despite all the goings on, I had the best reading month I've had all year.  I read 11 books!  I am now at 45 books for the year and my original goal was 52.  I know I will raise that goal at some point but I'm not sure how I'm going to raise it.  I also hit my monthly reading goals.  This month I wanted to read 2 books I own and 2 non-fiction books; I read 2 non-fiction books and 5 books I own so I'm really happy about that.  I had planned to post twice per week on the blog but this past week I didn't manage to get two posts up.  Oh well.  I managed to post 13 times on the blog this month so I think that's decent.

For August, I plan to read 5 books I own and 3 non-fiction books.  It's not always easy for me to consistently post twice a week on the blog every week and I don't want to put up garbage just to post something.  So I think I'm going to just shoot for one post a week and if I get more than that, then I'm doing good.

My reading stats for July:

-11 books read
   -2 non-fiction
   -6 historical fiction
   -1 review book
   -4 library books
   -5 books I own
   -7 ebooks

Below are the books I read in July

1.) The Secret Language of Stones by M.J. Rose - 4 stars
2.) The Queen's Daughter by Susan Coventry
3.)  All Joy and No Fun: The Paradox of Modern Parenthood by Jennifer Senior - 3 stars
4.) The Amber Keeper by Freda Lightfoot - 4 stars
5.) See Me For Who I Am: Student Veteran's Stories of War and Coming Home ed. by David Chrisinger
6.) A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas 
7.) Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blum - 3 stars
8.) Once We Were Brothers by Ronald H. Balson - 5 stars
9.) Don't You Cry by Mary Kubica - 3 stars
10.) America's First Daughter by Stephanie Dray & Laura Kamoie - 3 stars
11.) The Good Neighbor by A.J. Banner - 2 stars

I hope everyone had a great July!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mailbox Monday (49)

It's time for another Mailbox Monday post!  Once again I could not resist the cheap ebooks that Amazon and Barnes and Noble were promoting this week.  I really need to stop!  I already have more than I can read.  I also was able to spend a little time browsing at the library and I came home with a nice stack of books.  These days, I hardly ever get to spend time at the library by myself for more than a minute or two so it was wonderful to have time to just wander and see what I could find. Purchased (for kindle): The Color of Secrets by Lindsay Ashford The One I Was by Eliza Graham House of Bathory by Linda Lafferty   Purchased (for nook): One Night in Winter by Simon Sebag Montefiore  Becoming Queen Victoria by Kate Williams From the Library: The Messenger by Daniel Silva   The Ripper's Wife by Brandy Purdy Hotel Moscow by Talia Carner Brazen by Katherine Longshore What books did you get...

Review and Giveaway: "This Son of York" by Anne Easter Smith

Synopsis: Now is the winter of our discontent, Made glorious summer by This Son of York…” — William Shakespeare, Richard III Richard III was Anne’s muse for her first five books, but, finally, in This Son of York he becomes her protagonist. The story of this English king is one of history’s most compelling, made even more fascinating through the discovery in 2012 of his bones buried under a car park in Leicester. This new portrait of England’s most controversial king is meticulously researched and brings to vivid life the troubled, complex Richard of Gloucester, who ruled for two years over an England tired of war and civil strife. The loyal and dutiful youngest son of York, Richard lived most of his short life in the shadow of his brother, Edward IV, loyally supporting his sibling until the mantle of power was thrust unexpectedly on him. Some of his actions and motives were misunderstood by his enemies to have been a deliberate usurpation of the throne, but thr...

Mailbox Monday (38)

It's my first Mailbox Monday of the new year!  I hope everyone's year is off to a great start!  I got some great books this week and can't wait to see what everyone else got! From the Library: Prince Lestat by Anne Rice Purchased:   Bellagrand by Paullina Simons Like Chaff in the Wind by Anna Belfrage For Review (from HFVBT): The Towers of Tuscany by Carol M. Cram What books did you get this week?