Skip to main content

April and May Reading Wrap Up

The month of May got away from me!  The past few months have been a whirlwind and I feel like I'm just getting my breath.  I think we had something going on for every weekend in April and May so I've gotten pretty behind with reviews.

We spent most of April looking for a house and finally found one in early May!  It's very exciting but also kind of stressful.  We close on July 10 so this weekend we get to start purging and packing.  We haven't moved in almost 4 years so it's going to be interesting.  We also took a long weekend in May to go visit my mom; my brother was state side so we got to see him too and it turned out to be a really fun trip.

Reading for the past two months hasn't been great.  May was probably reading month in a very long time; I only read 4 books!  For the year I've read a total of 36 books though Goodreads says I'm 5 books behind on my reading goal but I'm trying not let it bother me.  I am 12 books ahead of where I was this time last year and I still managed to get in 101 books last year.  I'm sure it will all work out.

Stats for April and May
-11 books read
   -  non-fiction
   - 8 historical fiction
   - 7 review books
   - 2 library books
   - 2 books I own
   - 8 ebooks

I'm looking forward to more reading in June!  I hope everyone has a great summer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mailbox Monday (49)

It's time for another Mailbox Monday post!  Once again I could not resist the cheap ebooks that Amazon and Barnes and Noble were promoting this week.  I really need to stop!  I already have more than I can read.  I also was able to spend a little time browsing at the library and I came home with a nice stack of books.  These days, I hardly ever get to spend time at the library by myself for more than a minute or two so it was wonderful to have time to just wander and see what I could find. Purchased (for kindle): The Color of Secrets by Lindsay Ashford The One I Was by Eliza Graham House of Bathory by Linda Lafferty   Purchased (for nook): One Night in Winter by Simon Sebag Montefiore  Becoming Queen Victoria by Kate Williams From the Library: The Messenger by Daniel Silva   The Ripper's Wife by Brandy Purdy Hotel Moscow by Talia Carner Brazen by Katherine Longshore What books did you get...

Review and Giveaway: "This Son of York" by Anne Easter Smith

Synopsis: Now is the winter of our discontent, Made glorious summer by This Son of York…” — William Shakespeare, Richard III Richard III was Anne’s muse for her first five books, but, finally, in This Son of York he becomes her protagonist. The story of this English king is one of history’s most compelling, made even more fascinating through the discovery in 2012 of his bones buried under a car park in Leicester. This new portrait of England’s most controversial king is meticulously researched and brings to vivid life the troubled, complex Richard of Gloucester, who ruled for two years over an England tired of war and civil strife. The loyal and dutiful youngest son of York, Richard lived most of his short life in the shadow of his brother, Edward IV, loyally supporting his sibling until the mantle of power was thrust unexpectedly on him. Some of his actions and motives were misunderstood by his enemies to have been a deliberate usurpation of the throne, but thr...

Mailbox Monday (38)

It's my first Mailbox Monday of the new year!  I hope everyone's year is off to a great start!  I got some great books this week and can't wait to see what everyone else got! From the Library: Prince Lestat by Anne Rice Purchased:   Bellagrand by Paullina Simons Like Chaff in the Wind by Anna Belfrage For Review (from HFVBT): The Towers of Tuscany by Carol M. Cram What books did you get this week?