Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Top Ten Books Whose Title/Cover Made Me Buy It

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic is: 

Top Ten Books That Whose Titles Or Covers Made Me Buy It
I only have 5 books on my list this week as I just could not think of any others that would fit.
1.)     Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children-The cover of this book is so creepy that I couldn’t resist buying it.
2.)    The Bronze Horseman-The only reason I picked up this book is because it has the same title as a famous Pushkin poem as well a statue in St. Petersburg.
3.)    The Witch of Cologne by Tobsha Learner- I have picked up this book multiple times and finally purchased it last week.  The cover is so odd looking that I am completely intrigued by it.
4.)    Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater-I don’t think I would have bought this if the cover wasn’t so beautiful.
5.)    The New York Regional Mormon Singles Halloween Dance by Elna Baker-I haven’t this yet but I bought it for my nook because the title just sounds hilarious.
6.)    The Lonely Polygamist by Brady Udall- I really didn’t like this book at all but the title was so interesting that I couldn’t resist.
What covers/titles do you love?

3 comments:

  1. Miss Peregrine! Haha I love that one. It's just so . . . peculiar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Trish. I have seen this one around, but it is the reviews I have read that really make it sound great!

    Beth ^_^
    http://sweetbooksnstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not familiar with most of your books but Peculiar chilren, I didnt quite like, what is your opinion?
    http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs