Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Back to the Classics Challenge 2012

 
So I know it's a little early to be thinking about my reading goal for next year but I have decided to participate in the Back to the Classics Challenge 2012 hosted by Sarah Reads Too Much.  I am really excited for this challenge because I was already considering how I could incorporate some classics into my reading goals for next year.  Below are the categories and which books I plan to read for them.

  • Any 19th Century ClassicThe Three Musketeers
  • Any 20th Century ClassicEast of Eden
  • Reread a classic of your choice The Master and Margarita
  • A Classic Play -Macbeth
  • Classic Mystery/Horror/Crime Fiction-Frankenstein
  • Classic Romance The Scarlet Pimpernel
  • Read a Classic that has been translated from its original language to your language  
           - Les Miserables
  • Classic Award Winner  - The Age of Innocence
  • Read a Classic set in a Country that you (realistically speaking) will not visit during your lifetime  - To Clarify, this does not have to be a country that you hope to visit either.  Countries that no longer exist or have never existed count. –The Lord of the Rings:  The Fellowship of the Rings
 Some of these books are intimidating but I think it will be a great experience!

2 comments:

  1. Lord of the Rings! Yay! :)

    I am planning to Challenge myself silly next year. I need to start choosing which ones to do...

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the Challenge! I do hope you find it to be a rewarding experience. I started this challenge last year because I wanted to read more classics, and make sure I kept reading them. I love your list as well... great choices!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs