Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Top Ten Character Names that I Love

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic is:  Top Ten Character Names that I Love

It was really hard to pick only 10 because there are a lot of names I love.  Most of these I wouldn't consider naming one of my kids but I love them just the same.

1.) Kira from We the Living by Ayn Rand-I like this name but I think the character made me love it more.
2.) Eleanor from Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen-Eleanor is a name that I wouldn't mind naming a child.  It's so pretty!
3.) James Alexander Malcolm MacKenzie Fraser from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon-How can you not love this name?!
4.) Hazel Grace from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green-I wasn't ever a huge fan of the name Hazel until I read this book.
5.) Jonas from The Giver by Lois Lowery-Great name!
6.) Andrei Bolkonskii from War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy-I think I had a crush on this character when I first read War and Peace and have loved the name ever since.
7.) Dageus MacKeltar from The Dark Highlander by Karen Marie Moning-So unique!
8.) Dimitri Belikov from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead-Dimitri is one of my favorite names in general.
9.) Edmond  Dantes from The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas-It's just fun to say!
10.) Lisbeth Salander from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson-I don't know why I love this name but I do.

What character names do you love?  Leave a link in the comments so I can check out your list!

4 comments:

  1. Hazel Grace is a really pretty name :-) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eleanor is such an elegant name. I just read The Giver for the first time ever and agree, Jonas is a really great name and seemed appropriate for the character. I've never read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo but I do like variations of Elizabeth such as Lisbeth and Elspeth. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name Eleanor, too, and Hazel Grace, but neither of them made it onto my list! Nice to know they got some recognition somewhere. :) And so many Russian-originated names making it onto people's lists today! Great list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some awesome choices on your list this week. Great list.

    Check out My TTT

    Xoxo. Daisel @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs