Friday, September 4, 2015

#FitReaders Weekly Check In (8)


#FitReaders is hosted by The Geeky Blogger and That's What I'm Talking About.

I really should stop calling these 'weekly check ins' because I haven't posted one in over a month.  August was a rough month for my diet.  I started off the month having 8 lbs and was hopeful I could lose the last 4.  Well, that hasn't happened.  I have consistently exercised 5 days a week (except one week where I only exercised 4 days) but my diet has been a mess.  I am about 50/50 when it comes to staying within the calories that MyFitnessPal allows.  I haven't weighed myself (too scared) but I'm guessing that I have gained some weight back.

For September, I'm hoping to keep up the exercise 5 days a week AND do a better job of sticking to my eating plan.  I've started a new Jillian Michaels DVD (Ripped in 30) and I like it so much more than the 30 Day Shred so that's helping my motivation.  I plan to weigh myself every week because it keeps me accountable (when I'm struggling to stay on track, I don't weigh myself because I don't want to see the numbers go  up but it is a really good reminder of how I'm doing).  I'm also going to try to post more updates because that, too, helps me stay accountable.

With regards to reading, this week I finished The Best Man by Kristan Higgins and Becoming Lisette by Rebecca Glenn.  I'm currently reading The Christmas Bargain by Shanna Hatfield and am loving it!

Have a great long weekend! 

2 comments:

  1. Even if you haven't been sticking to your diet as you would like, the fact that you are still active makes up for it, in my mind anyways. :)
    I've never tried any of the Jillian Michaels work outs but I bet they are intense!
    All the best to you with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to stay away from the scale - the numbers go up and down so often...I judge by the way my clothes fit - that's a better indication for me. I used to use MyFitnessPal and really should go back to it because I know there are days when I overeat and then there are just as many days when I don't get enough calories which is just as bad. It's such a balance. But, you're right - these posts and this group is great for keeping us accountable. It's like having your very own cheerleading squad!!!

    I just finished reading Kristan Higgins' newest book, If You Only Knew - it's so good. A little different from her usual type of book, but really good!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs