Hey y'all! It's Read-a-Thon time again! I'm so excited to participate! This is my fifth time participating and I'm looking forward to reading and keeping up with everyone else's progress. I will do most of my updates on Twitter today so if you want to see what I'm up to, follow me at @so_many_books.
I have a lot of books on my stack; two are ebooks and three are physical books. It's easier for me to read ebooks throughout the day because I can read them on my phone. My daughter starts toddler soccer this morning but otherwise, I'm going to really try to get some reading done (hopefully my two year old will cooperate!). I actually had a much smaller stack picked out originally and ended up adding more because I wanted to keep my options open.
The Good Girl by Mary Kubica
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
Enchantress of Paris by Marci Jefferson
HOUR 0 Questionnaire
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I'm in Kansas. It's supposed to be chilly today so I think it will be perfect reading weather.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I'm looking forward to all of them. I really want to start Six of Crows but because it's a physical copy, it will probably be harder for me to get to.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I'm hoping to make a trip to my favorite bakery for some cupcakes.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I'm a mom to a rambunctious, non-sleeping 2 year old. I live with my husband, daughter and crazy dog. I work in higher education which is an adventure and a half. AND I love to read. (What's hilarious is that I copied this from April's read-a-thon post, the only thing that's changed is my daughter's age...she still doesn't sleep.)
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I'm really want to get more reading done. I may try to sneak off to the library for a few hours so that I can have some uninterrupted reading time.
I'll try to check in again in a few hours! Happy Read-A-Thon!!
HOUR 14 Check in and Mid Event Survey
1. What are you reading right now? I'm reading Medici's Daughter by Sophie Perinot
2. How many books have you read so far? Only 1 (A Wrinkle in Time)
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I'm really hoping to put a good dent in Medici's Daughter.
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? So many interruptions! The day has not gone has planned. I'm happy I've finished one book but I was really hoping to have participated more and it just hasn't happened. My daughter has been a stage 5 clinger today.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? Just that it hasn't gone as planned.
I'm hoping to get another hour or so of reading in before I hit the sack. My daughter had a rough night last night and I'm exhausted today so we'll see how long I last.
FINAL CHECK IN
The readathon is over and though I didn't get to participate anywhere near as much as I wanted to, I did get some reading done. I read about 20% of Medici's Daughter and A Wrinkle in Time in its entirety. I had hoped to get more reading in and I wanted to visit more blogs and check out how others were doing but it was just one of those days where things just didn't go as planned. I got more reading done than on a regular Saturday so that's a plus! Anyway, I hope everyone had a great time and I'm looking forward to participating again in April. I think I may try to send my daughter to grandma's for the day next time!