Skip to main content

Book Blog Hop (2)

Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Jenn at Crazy for Books and it's a way to for book bloggers to connect and check out other blogs.

This week's question is:  What book-to-movie adaptation have you most liked?  Which have you disliked?

I thought that Shutter Island was one of the best book-to-movie adaptations I have ever seen.  I was so surprised by how closely the movie followed the book.  I also really like A Time to Kill; this is one of my favorite movies and even though it is different from the book, I think that they did great job of staying true to the story and the book's main points.

I absolutely hated movie adaptation of The Horse Whisperer.  I read this book in high school and my mom and I loved it.  We were so excited for the movie but were so very disappointed in it.  It was almost 3 hours and they completely changed the whole end of the story.   

Comments

  1. I had no idea there was a Time to Kill movie, I love that book! I definitely want to watch it now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shutter Island was awesome..forgot about that one. That was a really good book too. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I loved A TIME TO KILL. I think it's the only movie where Matthew McConaugh (however you spell it) has had to stretch himself as an actor. He did an amazing job, too.

    Glad to have found you via the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from the blog hop.

    Stop by my blog if you like...I usually prefer books to the movie version.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mailbox Monday (49)

It's time for another Mailbox Monday post!  Once again I could not resist the cheap ebooks that Amazon and Barnes and Noble were promoting this week.  I really need to stop!  I already have more than I can read.  I also was able to spend a little time browsing at the library and I came home with a nice stack of books.  These days, I hardly ever get to spend time at the library by myself for more than a minute or two so it was wonderful to have time to just wander and see what I could find. Purchased (for kindle): The Color of Secrets by Lindsay Ashford The One I Was by Eliza Graham House of Bathory by Linda Lafferty   Purchased (for nook): One Night in Winter by Simon Sebag Montefiore  Becoming Queen Victoria by Kate Williams From the Library: The Messenger by Daniel Silva   The Ripper's Wife by Brandy Purdy Hotel Moscow by Talia Carner Brazen by Katherine Longshore What books did you get...

Review and Giveaway: "This Son of York" by Anne Easter Smith

Synopsis: Now is the winter of our discontent, Made glorious summer by This Son of York…” — William Shakespeare, Richard III Richard III was Anne’s muse for her first five books, but, finally, in This Son of York he becomes her protagonist. The story of this English king is one of history’s most compelling, made even more fascinating through the discovery in 2012 of his bones buried under a car park in Leicester. This new portrait of England’s most controversial king is meticulously researched and brings to vivid life the troubled, complex Richard of Gloucester, who ruled for two years over an England tired of war and civil strife. The loyal and dutiful youngest son of York, Richard lived most of his short life in the shadow of his brother, Edward IV, loyally supporting his sibling until the mantle of power was thrust unexpectedly on him. Some of his actions and motives were misunderstood by his enemies to have been a deliberate usurpation of the throne, but thr...

Mailbox Monday (38)

It's my first Mailbox Monday of the new year!  I hope everyone's year is off to a great start!  I got some great books this week and can't wait to see what everyone else got! From the Library: Prince Lestat by Anne Rice Purchased:   Bellagrand by Paullina Simons Like Chaff in the Wind by Anna Belfrage For Review (from HFVBT): The Towers of Tuscany by Carol M. Cram What books did you get this week?