Skip to main content

Review: "Faefever" by Karen Marie Moning



From Goodreads:  He calls me his Queen of the Night. I'd die for him. I'd kill for him, too. When MacKayla Lane receives a torn page from her dead sister's journal, she is stunned by Alina's desperate words. And now MacKayla knows that her sister's killer is close. But evil is closer. And suddenly the sidhe-seer is on the hunt... For answers. For revenge. And for an ancient book of dark magic so evil, it corrupts anyone who touches it.

Mac's quest for the Sinsar Dubh takes her into the mean, shape-shifting streets of Dublin, with a suspicious cop on her tail. Forced into a dangerous triangle of alliance with V'lane - an insatiable Fae prince of lethally erotic tastes; and Jericho Barrons - a man of primal desires and untold secrets - Mac is soon locked in a battle for her body, mind, and soul.

As All Hallows' Eve approaches and the city descends into chaos, as a shocking truth about the Dark Book is uncovered, not even Mac can prevent a deadly race of immortals from shattering the walls between worlds - with devastating consequences.


Review:  I LOVE the Fever series.  This is the third book in the series and it was definitely one of my favorites.  Mac is a hilarious character but in this installment, the pain she feels at losing her sister is even more raw then before.  You also sense how conflicted she is; everyone who is helping her has ulterior motives and she can't fully trust anyone, even Jericho Barrons who has given her a job and a place to stay.  I had a really hard time with Barrons in this book because he was kind of a butt.  I think the point was to show that deep down he cares about her and worried about her safety but goodness, he is pompous and secretive.  The story had a few slow moments in the middle but for the most part it was very fast-paced, especially toward the end.  I also enjoyed how we got to see more of Christian MacKeltar as well as a softer side to Inspector Jayne (who I kind of like now).  

I don't want to give too much away but I must say the ending was shocking and had a major cliffhanger.  I can not wait to pick up the next book and if you haven't read any of this series, I highly recommend that you do.


4 stars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mailbox Monday (49)

It's time for another Mailbox Monday post!  Once again I could not resist the cheap ebooks that Amazon and Barnes and Noble were promoting this week.  I really need to stop!  I already have more than I can read.  I also was able to spend a little time browsing at the library and I came home with a nice stack of books.  These days, I hardly ever get to spend time at the library by myself for more than a minute or two so it was wonderful to have time to just wander and see what I could find. Purchased (for kindle): The Color of Secrets by Lindsay Ashford The One I Was by Eliza Graham House of Bathory by Linda Lafferty   Purchased (for nook): One Night in Winter by Simon Sebag Montefiore  Becoming Queen Victoria by Kate Williams From the Library: The Messenger by Daniel Silva   The Ripper's Wife by Brandy Purdy Hotel Moscow by Talia Carner Brazen by Katherine Longshore What books did you get...

Review and Giveaway: "This Son of York" by Anne Easter Smith

Synopsis: Now is the winter of our discontent, Made glorious summer by This Son of York…” — William Shakespeare, Richard III Richard III was Anne’s muse for her first five books, but, finally, in This Son of York he becomes her protagonist. The story of this English king is one of history’s most compelling, made even more fascinating through the discovery in 2012 of his bones buried under a car park in Leicester. This new portrait of England’s most controversial king is meticulously researched and brings to vivid life the troubled, complex Richard of Gloucester, who ruled for two years over an England tired of war and civil strife. The loyal and dutiful youngest son of York, Richard lived most of his short life in the shadow of his brother, Edward IV, loyally supporting his sibling until the mantle of power was thrust unexpectedly on him. Some of his actions and motives were misunderstood by his enemies to have been a deliberate usurpation of the throne, but thr...

Mailbox Monday (38)

It's my first Mailbox Monday of the new year!  I hope everyone's year is off to a great start!  I got some great books this week and can't wait to see what everyone else got! From the Library: Prince Lestat by Anne Rice Purchased:   Bellagrand by Paullina Simons Like Chaff in the Wind by Anna Belfrage For Review (from HFVBT): The Towers of Tuscany by Carol M. Cram What books did you get this week?