Skip to main content

February Wrap Up

I can't believe February is over!  It definitely had it's ups and downs and I am still not sure whether I think it was a good month or not.  I didn't read a ton this month but overall, I think I did fine.  I have made progress on all 5 challenges I am participating in and of the 10 books I read this month, 4 are books I own.  So that's decent! 

Here is what I read this month:
1.) The Pregnancy Project by Gaby Rodriguez
2.) March by Geraldine Brooks
3.) Lover Mine by J.R. Ward
4.) Enchantments by Kathryn Harrison
5.) The Little Russian by Susan Sherman
6.) A Handful of Earth by Larisa Walk
7.) Education of a Princess by Grand Duchess Marie of Russia
8.) East of Eden by John Steinbeck
9.) When Christ and His Saints Slept by Sharon Kay Penman
10.) The Wolf Gift by Anne Rice

Regarding my personal goals, I have done pretty good.  I have really gotten into following my training schedule and, except for last week, I have been pretty diligent with it.  I did register for the Half Marathon so I have to keep up the hard work!  I am really excited about it but still a little nervous.  We did get approved for a duplex so the hubs and I are signing a lease tomorrow and will be moving this summer.  It will be nice to have an extra bedroom and bathroom.  There were some other not so fun things that went on this month but I am trying not to dwell on that and keep a positive attitude.

How was February for you?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mailbox Monday (49)

It's time for another Mailbox Monday post!  Once again I could not resist the cheap ebooks that Amazon and Barnes and Noble were promoting this week.  I really need to stop!  I already have more than I can read.  I also was able to spend a little time browsing at the library and I came home with a nice stack of books.  These days, I hardly ever get to spend time at the library by myself for more than a minute or two so it was wonderful to have time to just wander and see what I could find. Purchased (for kindle): The Color of Secrets by Lindsay Ashford The One I Was by Eliza Graham House of Bathory by Linda Lafferty   Purchased (for nook): One Night in Winter by Simon Sebag Montefiore  Becoming Queen Victoria by Kate Williams From the Library: The Messenger by Daniel Silva   The Ripper's Wife by Brandy Purdy Hotel Moscow by Talia Carner Brazen by Katherine Longshore What books did you get...

Review and Giveaway: "This Son of York" by Anne Easter Smith

Synopsis: Now is the winter of our discontent, Made glorious summer by This Son of York…” — William Shakespeare, Richard III Richard III was Anne’s muse for her first five books, but, finally, in This Son of York he becomes her protagonist. The story of this English king is one of history’s most compelling, made even more fascinating through the discovery in 2012 of his bones buried under a car park in Leicester. This new portrait of England’s most controversial king is meticulously researched and brings to vivid life the troubled, complex Richard of Gloucester, who ruled for two years over an England tired of war and civil strife. The loyal and dutiful youngest son of York, Richard lived most of his short life in the shadow of his brother, Edward IV, loyally supporting his sibling until the mantle of power was thrust unexpectedly on him. Some of his actions and motives were misunderstood by his enemies to have been a deliberate usurpation of the throne, but thr...

Mailbox Monday (38)

It's my first Mailbox Monday of the new year!  I hope everyone's year is off to a great start!  I got some great books this week and can't wait to see what everyone else got! From the Library: Prince Lestat by Anne Rice Purchased:   Bellagrand by Paullina Simons Like Chaff in the Wind by Anna Belfrage For Review (from HFVBT): The Towers of Tuscany by Carol M. Cram What books did you get this week?