Skip to main content

In My Mailbox (39)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.

I didn't get very much this week which is good because I am completely bogged down in books!  I had a bunch of NetGalley requests come through last week and I am still trying to read books I own.  So here is what I got this week:

From NetGalley: 



From the Library:


What did you get this week?

Comments

  1. I am finding to more and more difficult to read everything I buy much less what I get at NetGalley. After saying that The Dressmaker looking interesting and I may go look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books, Netgalley is so addicting.
    http://janieraeldridge.blogspot.com/2012/02/in-my-mailbox-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think The Dressmaker sounds really interesting. It's definitely one I want to pick up and get into!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set! The Dressmaker looks really interesting. I hope you love it.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both these books have great covers. I like the tranquility of The Little Russian cover. Enjoy reading!


    Here's my Mailbox.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mailbox Monday (49)

It's time for another Mailbox Monday post!  Once again I could not resist the cheap ebooks that Amazon and Barnes and Noble were promoting this week.  I really need to stop!  I already have more than I can read.  I also was able to spend a little time browsing at the library and I came home with a nice stack of books.  These days, I hardly ever get to spend time at the library by myself for more than a minute or two so it was wonderful to have time to just wander and see what I could find. Purchased (for kindle): The Color of Secrets by Lindsay Ashford The One I Was by Eliza Graham House of Bathory by Linda Lafferty   Purchased (for nook): One Night in Winter by Simon Sebag Montefiore  Becoming Queen Victoria by Kate Williams From the Library: The Messenger by Daniel Silva   The Ripper's Wife by Brandy Purdy Hotel Moscow by Talia Carner Brazen by Katherine Longshore What books did you get...

Review and Giveaway: "This Son of York" by Anne Easter Smith

Synopsis: Now is the winter of our discontent, Made glorious summer by This Son of York…” — William Shakespeare, Richard III Richard III was Anne’s muse for her first five books, but, finally, in This Son of York he becomes her protagonist. The story of this English king is one of history’s most compelling, made even more fascinating through the discovery in 2012 of his bones buried under a car park in Leicester. This new portrait of England’s most controversial king is meticulously researched and brings to vivid life the troubled, complex Richard of Gloucester, who ruled for two years over an England tired of war and civil strife. The loyal and dutiful youngest son of York, Richard lived most of his short life in the shadow of his brother, Edward IV, loyally supporting his sibling until the mantle of power was thrust unexpectedly on him. Some of his actions and motives were misunderstood by his enemies to have been a deliberate usurpation of the throne, but thr...

Mailbox Monday (38)

It's my first Mailbox Monday of the new year!  I hope everyone's year is off to a great start!  I got some great books this week and can't wait to see what everyone else got! From the Library: Prince Lestat by Anne Rice Purchased:   Bellagrand by Paullina Simons Like Chaff in the Wind by Anna Belfrage For Review (from HFVBT): The Towers of Tuscany by Carol M. Cram What books did you get this week?