Skip to main content

The Running Shoe Odyssey

Oh my goodness....I am so sick of thinking about running shoes.  I have been having problems with my feet from running lately (after 6-8 miles, the balls of my feet start to feel not so hot) and decided to buy new running shoes a few weeks back.   They were supposed to be top of the line and they were really expensive so I figured they would be okay.  I ran 3 miles in them and then 6 miles, noticing that they didn't have enough arch support but my feet didn't hurt any more or less than normal.  Then I tried 10 miles in the fancy shoes....holy mother, what a mistake!  I was almost in tears throughout the whole run and halfway through I almost had to call the hubs to come get me.  I made the full 10 miles but went back to my old shoes and luckily was able to return the sucky fancy shoes.

I rested my feet a few days thinking 'hey, maybe I'm overtraining' and then went back to my oldies.  The old shoes were fine but my feet still hurt some on my 10 mile run on Saturday (towards mile 7/8).  On Sunday, the hubs and I saw a running store while we were downtown and he talked me into getting measured and fitted for running shoes.  I bought a pair I liked that were super comfy and tried them out this morning.  Mistake #2.  I was supposed to run 5-6 miles this morning and I made it 3.  The balls of my feet were KILLING me!  There was no way I could make my full run without seriously messing my feet.  So these shoes are going back and I may exchange them for something else (the running store only gives store credit instead of refunds) and/or I may just wear my old running shoes for the rest of my training.  I have 2 1/2 weeks left until the race and at this point, I will be lucky if I just make it across the finish line.  For a while I thought I was going to be able to make a good time but now I'm not so sure.  I am extremely frustrated with the whole situation and angry that my feet are betraying me.  The shoe issues have made me want to give up training but I have come so far and am definitely a way better runner than I was when I started in December/January that I don't want to give up.  I think I am just going to have to accept that my feet will hurt some during the race and I need to suck it up and deal.

Rant over.  Anyone else have issues with shoes?  Or I am just super special?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review and Giveaway: "Distant Signs" by Anne Richter

Synopsis: Distant Signs is an intimate portrait of two families spanning three generations amidst turbulent political change, behind and beyond the Berlin Wall. In 1960s East Germany, Margret, a professor’s daughter from the city, meets and marries Hans, from a small village in Thuringia. The couple struggle to contend with their different backgrounds, and the emotional scars they bear from childhood in the aftermath of war. As East German history gradually unravels, with collision of the personal and political, their two families’ hidden truths are quietly revealed. An exquisitely written novel with strongly etched characters that stay with you long after the book is finished and an authentic portrayal of family life behind the iron curtain based on personal experience of the author who is East German and was 16 years old at the fall of the Berlin Wall. Why do families repeat destructive patterns of behaviour across generations? Should the personal take precedence over

Top Ten Books I Recommend The Most

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish . This week's topic:  Top Ten Books I Recommend the Most 1.) The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons   2.) Outlander by Diana Gabaldon           If you read my blog at all, you know I love these two books so much!  I am not afraid to suggest them to anyone who I think might enjoy them. 3.) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - I was definitely recommending this book left and right when the first movie came out. 4.) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green 5.) A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin           These are two books that I just recently started recommending but they are books that can appeal to anyone so they are easy picks when someone asks for a recommendation. 6.) Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead  - I get a little embarrassed when I recommend this book to people but seriously, just because it has vampires does not mean it is like Twilight. 7.) The Giver by Lois

Book Blog Hop (11)

The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Jen at Crazy for Books .  It's a way to meet other bloggers and check out some cool new blogs. This week's question is:  "Highlight one book you have received this week that you can't wait to dig into!" Okay, I have a confession to make.  I have been so busy this week that I have not had time to get any new books.  I have several waiting for me at the library but I won't be able to pick them up until this weekend.  : ( Did you all get any exciting new books this week?