Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Top Ten Books On My Summer TBR List

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic is:  Top Ten Books on My Summer TBR List

Oh my goodness!  There are so many books on my summer TBR list.  It's a little out of control!  Here are a few that I hope to get through this summer.

1.) The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead-I am so ready to find out what's going on with the Vampire Academy gang!
2.) Insurgent by Veronica Roth-I didn't love Divergent but I am still very curious as to what will happen in this book.
3.) City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare-I can't quit this series even though the last book was pretty meh.
4.) Frankenstein by Mary Shelley-I definitely want to read some classics this summer and for some reason I have never read this.
5.) The Scarlet Pimpernel by Emmuska Orczy-Another classic to read this summer.
6.) Ada or Ardor by Vladimir Nabokov-I have put off reading this for far too long.  It is like a nagging thorn in my side so I am going to finish it this summer.
7.) The Death of Ivan Ilyich and other stories by Lev Tolstoy-I love Tolstoy and this has been on my shelf for a while. 
8.) A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin-Why have I still not read this????
9.) Twilight in Russian-I really need to practice my Russian language skills.  I am hoping to take a class in the Fall and this should help me prepare a bit.
10.) The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett-I am not sure if I will get to this one.  I have a lot of other books to read this summer and it may be ambitious of me to think I will get to this one.

That's a portion of my summer reading list.  What do you really want to read this summer?  Are there any new releases you are excited about?

8 comments:

  1. The Pillars Of The Earth is actually a quick read, like once you start it you won't want to set it down.

    ALSO Game Of Thrones, that book is legit and fantastic.

    AND OOOO The Golden Lily! I loved that book!

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Insurgent but I loved Divergent. Great list! Hope you read them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your list. Several on my main reading list. Should be a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to put "Pillars of the Earth" on my list and I just picked it up from the library so I'll have to get to that one. You have a few I need to add to my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you included a classic on your list! When you're done Frankenstein you should read Kenneth Oppel's This Dark Endeavor if you haven't already--it's Dr. Frankenstein as a teenager and it is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frankenstein! I'm actually reading that one right now, it's required for my AP class next year. I can't wait to see what you think of it. (:

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Insurgent is one I want to read as well - and I loved The Millennium trilogy. Hope you get to all these books plus enjoy them all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's so cool you are going to read Twilight in Russian!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs