Skip to main content

Top Ten Favorite New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2012


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic:  Top Ten Favorite New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2012
I don't have 10 authors that I fell in love with this year but I do have a couple.

1.) Kate Quinn-Mistress of Rome was an excellent read.  I haven't read any of her other books but I definitely plan to.
2.) Kate Morton-I read two of Kate Morton's books this year and I absolutely loved them.  I went out and bought her other two books though I haven't picked them up yet.
3.) George R.R. Martin-There really isn't an explanation needed here.  Martin is an amazing author.
4.) John Steinbeck-I was always intimidated by the idea of reading Steinbeck.  After reading East of Eden, I am just in awe of his writing.
5.) Elizabeth Loupas-Loupas is a writer of historical fiction.  I read two of her books this year and I definitely can't wait to read any new books she may write.

That's all I have.  I didn't read that many 'new-to-me' authors that really stood out this year.  What authors are on your list?

Comments

  1. GRRM and Steinbeck - yes! Great list!

    alonetogetherfactfiction.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steinbeck is amazing, no question. I'm glad that you read some of his work!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayy Kate Morton! If you loved two of her books I'm sure you will like the other two - her books are fantastic(and I am fairly consistent with NOT liking historical fiction, lol)! Which two did you read?

    I haven't read any books by the others yet but I hope to read the "Game of Thrones" books soon! It's just such a large commitment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read "The Forgotten Garden" and "The Secret Keeper". They were both soooo good!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mailbox Monday (49)

It's time for another Mailbox Monday post!  Once again I could not resist the cheap ebooks that Amazon and Barnes and Noble were promoting this week.  I really need to stop!  I already have more than I can read.  I also was able to spend a little time browsing at the library and I came home with a nice stack of books.  These days, I hardly ever get to spend time at the library by myself for more than a minute or two so it was wonderful to have time to just wander and see what I could find. Purchased (for kindle): The Color of Secrets by Lindsay Ashford The One I Was by Eliza Graham House of Bathory by Linda Lafferty   Purchased (for nook): One Night in Winter by Simon Sebag Montefiore  Becoming Queen Victoria by Kate Williams From the Library: The Messenger by Daniel Silva   The Ripper's Wife by Brandy Purdy Hotel Moscow by Talia Carner Brazen by Katherine Longshore What books did you get...

Mailbox Monday (38)

It's my first Mailbox Monday of the new year!  I hope everyone's year is off to a great start!  I got some great books this week and can't wait to see what everyone else got! From the Library: Prince Lestat by Anne Rice Purchased:   Bellagrand by Paullina Simons Like Chaff in the Wind by Anna Belfrage For Review (from HFVBT): The Towers of Tuscany by Carol M. Cram What books did you get this week?

Review and Giveaway: "This Son of York" by Anne Easter Smith

Synopsis: Now is the winter of our discontent, Made glorious summer by This Son of York…” — William Shakespeare, Richard III Richard III was Anne’s muse for her first five books, but, finally, in This Son of York he becomes her protagonist. The story of this English king is one of history’s most compelling, made even more fascinating through the discovery in 2012 of his bones buried under a car park in Leicester. This new portrait of England’s most controversial king is meticulously researched and brings to vivid life the troubled, complex Richard of Gloucester, who ruled for two years over an England tired of war and civil strife. The loyal and dutiful youngest son of York, Richard lived most of his short life in the shadow of his brother, Edward IV, loyally supporting his sibling until the mantle of power was thrust unexpectedly on him. Some of his actions and motives were misunderstood by his enemies to have been a deliberate usurpation of the throne, but thr...