Skip to main content

#FitReaders: Weekly Check-In (1)



This year I'm participating in #FitReaders.  It's a great way to work on my health and fitness goals and have a way to stay accountable.  I don't know if I will post a check-in every week but I will try to post updates on my progress regularly.

I really want to lose 10 pounds over the next couple of months.  I'm not making any huge drastic changes right now so I know it will be slow.  My first mini-goal is to lose 3 pounds by my birthday on January 30. I want to get back into a regular exercise routine (5-6 days a week) and hopefully run a half-marathon again this Fall.  I also want to start eating better: better quality food, more fruits and vegetables and less sweets.  

This week I ran on the treadmill for 30-35 minutes on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  I really wanted to get in another workout but with it being the first week back to work after break, I was just trying to get used to my normal routine.  I did eat better (not great, but better).  I didn't go to the vending machine at all, I didn't get take out for lunch and I didn't have any soda so I'm pretty happy with that.

My exercise goal for next week is to get in a minimum of 4 workouts.  Ideally, I would like to get in 5 but my husband is changing shifts on Monday so I will have a new routine to get used to.  I would also like to continue to pack my lunch and snacks for work and stay away from the convenience food.

I hope everyone has a great week!

Comments

  1. Every little step helps. I wish you success this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Vending machines are so tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck meeting your goals. You are off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did great! Finding time seems to be the hardest part. It's great that you're adding eating healthier to your goals. I do ok with minor lapses from time to time lol

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mailbox Monday (49)

It's time for another Mailbox Monday post!  Once again I could not resist the cheap ebooks that Amazon and Barnes and Noble were promoting this week.  I really need to stop!  I already have more than I can read.  I also was able to spend a little time browsing at the library and I came home with a nice stack of books.  These days, I hardly ever get to spend time at the library by myself for more than a minute or two so it was wonderful to have time to just wander and see what I could find. Purchased (for kindle): The Color of Secrets by Lindsay Ashford The One I Was by Eliza Graham House of Bathory by Linda Lafferty   Purchased (for nook): One Night in Winter by Simon Sebag Montefiore  Becoming Queen Victoria by Kate Williams From the Library: The Messenger by Daniel Silva   The Ripper's Wife by Brandy Purdy Hotel Moscow by Talia Carner Brazen by Katherine Longshore What books did you get...

Mailbox Monday (38)

It's my first Mailbox Monday of the new year!  I hope everyone's year is off to a great start!  I got some great books this week and can't wait to see what everyone else got! From the Library: Prince Lestat by Anne Rice Purchased:   Bellagrand by Paullina Simons Like Chaff in the Wind by Anna Belfrage For Review (from HFVBT): The Towers of Tuscany by Carol M. Cram What books did you get this week?

Review and Giveaway: "This Son of York" by Anne Easter Smith

Synopsis: Now is the winter of our discontent, Made glorious summer by This Son of York…” — William Shakespeare, Richard III Richard III was Anne’s muse for her first five books, but, finally, in This Son of York he becomes her protagonist. The story of this English king is one of history’s most compelling, made even more fascinating through the discovery in 2012 of his bones buried under a car park in Leicester. This new portrait of England’s most controversial king is meticulously researched and brings to vivid life the troubled, complex Richard of Gloucester, who ruled for two years over an England tired of war and civil strife. The loyal and dutiful youngest son of York, Richard lived most of his short life in the shadow of his brother, Edward IV, loyally supporting his sibling until the mantle of power was thrust unexpectedly on him. Some of his actions and motives were misunderstood by his enemies to have been a deliberate usurpation of the throne, but thr...