Skip to main content

Review: "The Confession" by Beverly Lewis

From Goodreads:  Katie Lapp, a young Amish woman who questioned the strict rules of her upbringing and even her own identity, has been shunned from her Amish community. Katie--now known as Katherine Mayfield--sets out to find her birth mother--and a life--she has never known. Her birth mother is seriously ill and Katie must struggle to find her--and prove her own identity--before it's too late. But in the world of electric lights, telephones, and "fancy" things, Katie stumbles into a web of greed and betrayal where the garb of the Amish is misused to disguise an evil conspiracy. Meanwhile, unknown to Katherine, her long-lost love, Daniel, has returned to the Amish community to find her. Can they ever be together again? Find out in The Confession.

My Thoughts:  I was kind of disappointed in this book.  The Shunning was a decent book but this one was way more religious than I like and was kind of boring.  The writing is a too simple for my taste a wnd the story was also just a little too perfect.  The way everything just fell into place at the end was kind of annoying and Katie's character development in this book was so shallow.  She just seemed very two dimensional and I didn't like her nearly as much in this book.  I found myself caring much more about what was going on in Hickory Hollow and how Katie's family was handling her shunning.  This is the 2nd book in a trilogy and I will probably read the 3rd just to see how it all ends up.  Overall, this was a pretty cheesy story that just didn't do it for me. 2 stars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mailbox Monday (49)

It's time for another Mailbox Monday post!  Once again I could not resist the cheap ebooks that Amazon and Barnes and Noble were promoting this week.  I really need to stop!  I already have more than I can read.  I also was able to spend a little time browsing at the library and I came home with a nice stack of books.  These days, I hardly ever get to spend time at the library by myself for more than a minute or two so it was wonderful to have time to just wander and see what I could find. Purchased (for kindle): The Color of Secrets by Lindsay Ashford The One I Was by Eliza Graham House of Bathory by Linda Lafferty   Purchased (for nook): One Night in Winter by Simon Sebag Montefiore  Becoming Queen Victoria by Kate Williams From the Library: The Messenger by Daniel Silva   The Ripper's Wife by Brandy Purdy Hotel Moscow by Talia Carner Brazen by Katherine Longshore What books did you get...

Review and Giveaway: "This Son of York" by Anne Easter Smith

Synopsis: Now is the winter of our discontent, Made glorious summer by This Son of York…” — William Shakespeare, Richard III Richard III was Anne’s muse for her first five books, but, finally, in This Son of York he becomes her protagonist. The story of this English king is one of history’s most compelling, made even more fascinating through the discovery in 2012 of his bones buried under a car park in Leicester. This new portrait of England’s most controversial king is meticulously researched and brings to vivid life the troubled, complex Richard of Gloucester, who ruled for two years over an England tired of war and civil strife. The loyal and dutiful youngest son of York, Richard lived most of his short life in the shadow of his brother, Edward IV, loyally supporting his sibling until the mantle of power was thrust unexpectedly on him. Some of his actions and motives were misunderstood by his enemies to have been a deliberate usurpation of the throne, but thr...

Mailbox Monday (38)

It's my first Mailbox Monday of the new year!  I hope everyone's year is off to a great start!  I got some great books this week and can't wait to see what everyone else got! From the Library: Prince Lestat by Anne Rice Purchased:   Bellagrand by Paullina Simons Like Chaff in the Wind by Anna Belfrage For Review (from HFVBT): The Towers of Tuscany by Carol M. Cram What books did you get this week?