Check back throughout the day as I will be posting updates here!
Hour 1-Introductory Questionaire
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I am in Kansas where it's raining this morning but supposed to be a sunny 65 this afternoon.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Surrender to Sultry. I really love this series!
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I didn't stock up on snacks though there is a good chance I will be making some brownies later.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I am a book loving mama to be!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? As I said above, I may not get as much reading done as I did last time. I have a ton of stuff that needs to get done today!
Hour 3 Update!
So far I have read 186 pages in Surrender to Sultry. I had to take a break to help the hubs move some furniture in the baby's room and to throw some food in the crock pot but otherwise I have been reading! I even went for a walk on the treadmill. I love that I can read while getting some exercise!
I'll check back in a couple of hours!
# of pages read-186
Snacks-Cheese and crackers
Laundry breaks-1 : )
Hour 6 Update!
I finished Surrender to Sultry around hour 5 and have now started Spell of the Highlander. I loved Surrender to Sultry and it is definitely my favorite of the trilogy! I will probably take a little break from reading here soon. I am waiting for the hubs to get home so that we can run some errands but I'll get back to my book as soon as I can.
# of pages read-349
Puppy snuggle breaks-1
Hour 9 Update!
I spent the last few hours doing some work around the house and running errands so not much reading was accomplished. Hopefully I can make up for it in the next few hours!
# of pages read-507
Hour 12 Update!
I just finished Spell of the Highlander and I must say that I seriously love this series. I can't believe I have finished 2 books today without really trying and while still accomplishing most of the work on my to-do list. The hubs and I are going to watch a movie and then I will get back to reading. I hope the readathon is going well for everyone else!
# of pages read-624
# of books read-2
Hour 12 snacks-Pizza, OMG it was so yummy!
1) How are you doing? Sleepy? Are your eyes tired? Surprisingly, I feel great!
2) What have you finished reading? Surrender to Sultry, Spell of the Highlander
3) What is your favorite read so far? I really enjoyed them both!
4) What about your favorite snacks? The pizza I had for dinner was awesome!
5) Have you found any new blogs through the readathon? If so, give them some love! I did! I really liked Sophisticated Dorkiness.
Hour 15 Update!
This is the last of my updates for today. Since my last update, I took a break to watch a movie and then read 129 pages in The Happiest Baby on the Block. I will read for a little while longer and then call it a night. I haven't decided if I going to get up early to do some more reading or not but I will definitely do a final update when the readathon is over. I hope everyone is having a great time!!
# of pages read-753
# of books read- 2.5
Hour 15 snacks-Brownies
After my update last night, I read about 60 more pages and then crashed. I was kind of hoping that I would wake up early to finish out the last hour or two of the readathon but that didn't happen. Oh well! I had a great time! I feel a little caught up on my TBR pile and it was fun to see so many people on twitter participating. And I read a total of 808 pages yesterday while also getting a ton of work done around my house! I would love participate again but I'm not sure if it will be in October or not. I will have a 4 month old baby at that point and don't know if spending the day reading will be a possibility! Hopefully next time I participate, I can participate in more mini-challenges and do more cheering. I tend to get caught up in the reading and forget all about the other fun stuff going on.
Anyway, this readathon was awesome and I hope everything else had a great time too!