Friday, July 15, 2011

Book Blog Hop (9)

The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Jen at Crazy for Books and is a great way to connect with other bloggers and find some really cool new blogs.

This week's question is:  How/where do you get your books?  Do you buy them or go to the library?  Is there a certain website you use like paperbackswap?

I get a lot of books from the library.  I am very picky about books that I purchase for my collection and I don't have a huge budget for book buying so the library is a great resource for me.  Also, the library in my town is amazing and has a fantastic collection so it makes sense that I would go there.

When I do buy books, I usually go to amazon.com or Half-Price books.  I used to be a frequent Border's shopper but the local Border's closed a few months ago.

Where do you get your books?

6 comments:

  1. Just blogging by, happy Friday!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/07/book-blogger-hop_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m seeing a pattern of book acquisition here. After all, there are just so many places to get books and so many different ways to read them.

    It’s hard to beat the library for price and selection but it’s even harder to beat the convenience of browsing BN or Amazon from a Nook or Kindle, hitting a button and reading the book you picked in about sixty seconds.

    As usual, my answer to this week’s Book Blogger Hop question is all over the map. Hop on over and read my multipart answer – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard A. Sherman, Implementor
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could remember to return library books on time! As it is, I cant trust myself...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, another Library fan!! It's good to see job security is out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always happy to see another fan of the library! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OLD FOLLOWER.

    Stopping by from the Blog Hop.

    Stop by to visit if you can. I usually get my books from the library.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs