Friday, March 16, 2012

Happy Friday (27)

Happy Friday everyone!  The weather is supposed to be gorgeous here and I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend and the NCAA tournament (Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!).

 Feature and Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Q: What is the best book you've read in the last month? What is the worst book you've read in the last month?

The best book I have read this month is You Know When the Men Are Gone by Siobhan Fallon.  It's a book of short stories about soldiers and their families at Fort Hood.  It was really thought-provoking.


I am totally going to get flamed for this but the worst book I have read this month was probably Macbeth.  I love Shakespeare but this one just didn't do it for me.


What are the best and worst books you have read in the past month?

7 comments:

  1. Yeah, I wasn't that big a fan of Macbeth either! Hope you have a happy friday :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To each his own. I'm sure you won't get flamed haha.
    That collection of short stories sounds awesome. I, too, have picked a short story as my "best".
    Happy Friday!
    _yay_
    FollowFriday

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm, haven't heard of You Know When the Men are gone but it sounds interesting!
    I didn't mind Macbeth but it's definitely not my favorite work by Shakespeare!

    I'm a new follower too! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    Happy reading!
    Dominique @ The Book Vault

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday - new follower stopping by on the Friday follow . . . interesting picks, although I must say Macbeth is my favourite of Shakespeare's.

    Bob @ Beauty in Ruins

    ReplyDelete
  5. Macbeth wasn't my favorite Shakespeare when I read it in high school, but I have learned to appreciate it. The Fort Hood books sounds intriguing!

    New GFC follower.

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/03/follow-friday-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping through. The Fallon book sounds really interesting. I'll have to look out for it.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by and for the follow, I returned it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs