Skip to main content

Top Ten Classics

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic is to make a list of the Top Ten X Genre books.  I think I have done Top Ten Historical Fiction books before so this time I am going to do Top Ten Classics (in my opinion).

1.) War and Peace by Lev Tolstoy-This book is huge but talk about an EPIC story.
2.) 1984 by George Orwell/We by Yevgenii Zamiatin-Dystopian at it's very best.
3.) All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque-Even though this book was written post WWI, it is still incredibly relevant today. 
4.) East of Eden by John Steinbeck-Oh my, the writing and characters are AMAZING. 
5.) A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickons-I love all of Dickons' metaphors.  I know a lot of people who hate this book but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
6.) One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn-The classic gulag book...a must read.
7.) Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury-This is one of my all time favorite books; anyone who loves reading and books should read this.
8.) Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier-Such a creepy but completely awesome story.
9.) Crime and Punishment by Feodor Dostoevsky
10.) A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway-A beautiful love story with fantastic writing.

What's on your list Top Ten list this week?

Comments

  1. I read Rebecca a few years ago
    and really enjoyed it. If this were my list it'd be filled with Jane Austen! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote my list using Classics too, and I kind of love how our lists don't match. Proves how many classics there are to love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this list choice! Fahrenheit 451 would definitely be on my lists as well! Here is my Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. You picked my favorite Steinbeck! I love "East of Eden", but it seems like "Grapes of Wrath" and "Of Mice and Men" are alway on the "books you have to read" lists.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I love this list purely for the fact you've included All Quiet on the Western Front in it! I absolutely adore that book! I really want to read A Farewell to Arms too, although lots of people have tried putting me off Hemingway. Seeing it on this list inspires me to finally give him a go!

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What? Not one Faulkner? Mine would have to include Absolom, Absolom (or The Sound and the Fury) and of course The Things They Carry by O'Brien

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing list! I've only read 1984 and Fahrenheit 451, but I'm definitely going to be reading some of these other books!
    Tabitha @ Tabitha's Book Blog
    My Top Ten YA Contemporary

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review and Giveaway: "Distant Signs" by Anne Richter

Synopsis: Distant Signs is an intimate portrait of two families spanning three generations amidst turbulent political change, behind and beyond the Berlin Wall. In 1960s East Germany, Margret, a professor’s daughter from the city, meets and marries Hans, from a small village in Thuringia. The couple struggle to contend with their different backgrounds, and the emotional scars they bear from childhood in the aftermath of war. As East German history gradually unravels, with collision of the personal and political, their two families’ hidden truths are quietly revealed. An exquisitely written novel with strongly etched characters that stay with you long after the book is finished and an authentic portrayal of family life behind the iron curtain based on personal experience of the author who is East German and was 16 years old at the fall of the Berlin Wall. Why do families repeat destructive patterns of behaviour across generations? Should the personal take precedence over

Top Ten Books I Recommend The Most

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish . This week's topic:  Top Ten Books I Recommend the Most 1.) The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons   2.) Outlander by Diana Gabaldon           If you read my blog at all, you know I love these two books so much!  I am not afraid to suggest them to anyone who I think might enjoy them. 3.) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - I was definitely recommending this book left and right when the first movie came out. 4.) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green 5.) A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin           These are two books that I just recently started recommending but they are books that can appeal to anyone so they are easy picks when someone asks for a recommendation. 6.) Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead  - I get a little embarrassed when I recommend this book to people but seriously, just because it has vampires does not mean it is like Twilight. 7.) The Giver by Lois

Book Blog Hop (11)

The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Jen at Crazy for Books .  It's a way to meet other bloggers and check out some cool new blogs. This week's question is:  "Highlight one book you have received this week that you can't wait to dig into!" Okay, I have a confession to make.  I have been so busy this week that I have not had time to get any new books.  I have several waiting for me at the library but I won't be able to pick them up until this weekend.  : ( Did you all get any exciting new books this week?