Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy Friday!! (17)

Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Question of the Week: The New Year is here -- and everyone wants to know your New Years Blogging Resolution! What are you going to try to revise, revamp and redo for 2012 on your blog?

1.) New Design:  I recently changed my blog design but it is still pretty blah.  I am planning on working on that this year.

2.) Comments:  I read a lot of blogs but for some reason, I rarely comment.  I have been trying to do better but I really want to work on commenting more.

3.) Better Reviews:  My reviews have become progressively worse in the past couple months.  Due to the fact that I was trying to hit my goal of 200 books, I was reading too fast and pumping out some really poorly written and not well thought out reviews.  This is part of the reason I don't plan to set such a high goal for myself next year.  I really want to improve the quality of my reviews in 2012.

4.) Technical Stuff:  Let me be honest, I am terrible with technology and html.  I have only had my blog since April and I feel like I still have a TON to learn.  Hopefully in the next year, I will learn some of this type of thing including how to make a button for my blog (yes, I am clueless as to how to do this).

5.) Requesting ARCs:  I have yet to do this because I am a scaredy cat.  I would like to get up the nerve to approach publishers.

I hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year!


8 comments:

  1. Awesome goals! One of the reason I'm not setting a "number of books read" goal for next year is so that I won't speed through books - I tend to forget what the book is about days after I've read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on number 4! html and me have some serious issues, and like you I want a button. I am sketchy about asking someone to help me put one together because I am not sure about the picture. I think we are in the same boat!

    Old Follower!
    Beth ^_^
    http://sweetbooksnstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great resolution! I also want to change my blog design.

    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goals - I hope that you manage to succeed with them, I'm sure that you will!

    Good luck from a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never requested ARCs from publishers, other than through Shelf Awareness email or NetGalley. I should try that as well. I also would like to learn some html so I could add pages to my blog, I paid someone to make my design and I love it, just wish I could do more with it. Old follower stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have very similar goals! Thanks for stopping by - I'm following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with you on the comments. I read a lot of blogs, but I almost never comment. But hopefully in the new year I can change that! I'm following you back, thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually like your blog. I suppose you could use a pretty banner at the top, but I really like how neat and clean it is.
    New Follower.
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs