Synopsis: Now is the winter of our discontent, Made glorious summer by This Son of York…” — William Shakespeare, Richard III Richard III was Anne’s muse for her first five books, but, finally, in This Son of York he becomes her protagonist. The story of this English king is one of history’s most compelling, made even more fascinating through the discovery in 2012 of his bones buried under a car park in Leicester. This new portrait of England’s most controversial king is meticulously researched and brings to vivid life the troubled, complex Richard of Gloucester, who ruled for two years over an England tired of war and civil strife. The loyal and dutiful youngest son of York, Richard lived most of his short life in the shadow of his brother, Edward IV, loyally supporting his sibling until the mantle of power was thrust unexpectedly on him. Some of his actions and motives were misunderstood by his enemies to have been a deliberate usurpation of the throne, but thr...
I am reading Lionheart right now and it is really good!
ReplyDeleteI am really excited this year about buying e-books from Amazon. I have been reading so many great reviews, I hardly know where to start.
ReplyDeleteCity of Fallen Angels was really good - it's the only one I've read from your list, but I've heard good things about a lot of the others. I hope Santa brings at least a few of the books from you for Christmas :-)
ReplyDeleteI think I might get 11/22/63 as a library book, just to see what I think. I am always iffy when it comes to King.
ReplyDeleteBeth ^_^
http://sweetbooksnstuff.blogspot.com/
City of Glass is a great read and I keep hearing great things about 11/22/63!
ReplyDeleteMy Top Ten is here if you'd like to have a look :)
You have several on your list I would love: 11/22/63 and Lionheart. My Christmas wish list needs to be longer. Hope you get your wishes!
ReplyDeleteI heard Robert Massie interviewed on NPR and now I'm dying to read that Catherine the Great biography as well!! Hope you get it :)
ReplyDeleteCheck out ours at The Blue Bookcase